Friday, April 3, 2009

New Collections

Over the last several weeks, I've been hard at work determining my new pricing structure, and building collections. I used to charge a session fee up front, then prints and boutique items were ordered a la carte in addition to the session fee. Digital files were only available as a complete set for $500.

Since I had a lot of requests for individual digital files, I decided to rework my pricing structure, so that I could offer collections that include both prints and digital files. I analyzed the orders I received over the last year, determined which sizes were the most popular, and calculated the average number of prints that were ordered in each size. Then I added in some digital files and a few boutique goodies, deducted anywhere from 15% to 40% off of the full retail value of the package components, and voila, my new packages were born! I am still offering straight forward a la carte ordering as well, if a client prefers not to purchase a full collection, but have set a $200 minimum print order in place, to cover my time and expenses for each session.

You can download the PDF file of my collection prices here, then go to my Facebook fan page (link under the blog header) to read about a special limited offer with these new prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment