Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beautiful Life

I am so excited about the new song on my website!! Those of you who have a tv might recognize it already...I understand that it's currently being used in a Toyota commercial and on the show Jon & Kate Plus 8. However, I just heard it online for the first time yesterday, and I immediately fell in love with it, and thought it would be the perfect song for my website. So I emailed the band, giving them the link to my site, and asking them how I could get the rights to play the song. I figured I'd have to pay royalties or a licensing fee or something, and that it would probably be totally out of my league, but I thought it was worth a try anyhow.

Within half an hour, I had an answer:

Chandra,

Your work is great. Feel free 2 use the song.
Please wait until after the 30th if you have any questions. I'm out of the country until then.

Ron Wasserman
Fisher Music, Inc.

How sweet is that?!!

So take a stroll over to my site to listen to the new song and peruse my updated galleries. And before you go, take a quick look at the lyrics, and you'll see how well they fit my site:

Hey child- up & go...
A big world is out there
Waiting for us to
Live in every day

Outside you will find
There is love all around you
Takes you- makes you wanna say

That it's a beautiful life
And it's a beautiful world
And it's a beautiful time
To be here- to be here- to be here

Yeah, the sky's blue-
Just us two
Side by side
We'll see the world
That surrounds us
Hey- seize the day
Each road- every mile's
A photograph in motion to astound us-
Carry us away

Into a beautiful life
'Cause it's a beautiful world
And it's a beautiful time
To be here- to be here

Leave all your cares behind you
The sun is rising- turn around
It's right in front of you
And it's a beautiful life-
It's a beautiful life

1 comment:

  1. So cool that they let you play it for free on your site! It is a great song:) I noticed it right away! I first heard of Fisher in university, so she has been around for a while. Love her voice:)

    ReplyDelete